Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Lions - 14.6.2007


Since I came to Vancouver in August 2005 I dreamed of hiking up to the Lions. But I couldn´t find anybody to come with me...so I always postponed it...well and now my time is running out...hehe so I just did it by myself.
I started in Lions Bay which is a small village along the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler

view of Howe Sound from the trail up to the Lions

I expected to have to hike thorugh some snow...but that it would be that much really suprised me...still more tha a metre snow up there which didn´t make the already tough hike any easier for me

yeah you can see I wasn´t too pleased about all the clouds either...haha just kidding! they made for a nice spectacular scenery.
From here up to the Lions I had to cross huge and steep snowfields...half of the time I was using my hands and feet to get up instead of sliding back down after every step. it´s definitely a more pleasant trail in the summer when the snow is gone...

while the view to the west was blocked by clouds...

...the view south was good, for a few minutes I could see Capilano Lake and behind the lake is Vancouver

West Lion (1646m)

and East Lion (1599m) The Lions are two left over Vulcano Cones which you can see from Vancouver

Howe Sound again

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man...cool, you fight with the lions...respect!
the good thing you survived again, jaja...
sweet pics, buddy

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dönner - เดินเนอร์ - 듀너 - ドエナー - 德納 said...
written @ work....yeah yeah these IVEP-er...so creative people with easy workplaces!

I´m looking forward to another poem!

cheers

June 17, 2007 8:23 PM
--------------------------------
Khun Manuel,

Well, its not easy job but it's called "time management". We don't keep ourself busy "all the time". We work hard using our brain and beauty 555, that's why it's ok to take some rest while at work. eieieei

Cheers,
Khun Mandy

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not sure if you learned or somebody taught u this word "Khun" when we were with my family in Portland... but i hope that u can guess the meaning of it. As I heard u talking in Thai with me before and u got "useful" source in the Internet, eh?

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made it to the top of both peaks? Great! I've been up there too once before. It was about 8 or 9 hours round trip. Usually people don't go up until around the middle of august after all the snow has melted.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Eunji said...

AMAZING!

I love all the pictures!

are most German such a explorer as like you?

you are nature conquerer!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home