Saturday, November 03, 2007

USA-Mexico-Canada Tour - October 23rd - 28th


October 23rd, today the mountains called me...so I decided to do a little hike up to Agnes Lake which lays above Lake Louise. The way up was covered with ice and snow, Agnes Lake itself lays in a bowl sourounded by some nice peaks. From there I went further half way around the lake and the a steep snow covered trail up to the ridge from where I had the chance to see Lake Louise. Then I went down on the south side towards the 'Plain of six glaciers'. The hike down to Lake Louise was mostly downhill. I stoped for lunch along the trail with a nice view of the sourounding glaciers. Back at the hostel I had lunch with Rabea and then we went to the bus stop. There we met our roommates from last night, a girl from Germany and a young man from Slovakia. After 3 hours on the bus we got to Revelstoke, BC where we stayed for the night.


October 24th, yeah that picture says a lot...haha I found that poster in our hostel. Well today we had a day in Revelstoke, BC. So we decided to take it easy because it was rainy and cold. We went to the local swimming pool with hot tub, sauna, steam room, and even a water slide. The afternoon we hang around at the hostel. Then at 7pm we took the bus, our next stop was Salmon Arm where we transfered buses, in Cache Creek we had to transfer again.

October 25th, after all night on the Greyhound bus we arrived in Prince George at 6am. After a 3 hours layover we could cointinue our journey up to Prince Rupert, which took us untill 8pm. I must say the scenery along the way was amazing and we also got to see a couple of nice mountains. Yes so then we arrived in Prince Rupert, BC around 8pm. It was good to get off the bus after 25 hours. The Pioneer hostel felt more like a hotel with neat little rooms. The evening we spent at the hostel talking to another guy from Edmonton, he was on his way to the Queen Charlotte Islands...

October 26th, In the morning we had a little walk through Prince Rupert, I was surpised how big the town actually is. Prince Rupert is famous for it's two ferry connections, one up to Alaksa and the other one down the coast to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island. The second one was the reason for us to come all the way up to Port Hardy. Our ferry left at 1pm. Although the weather was kind of rainy, windy and cold the scenery was still pretty cool. The boat didn't go the route through the open water, instead we sailed down a long channel along the coast. The whole trip would be 22 hours so we had to sleep on the boat. Around 10pm the boat stoped at a little native village named 'Klemtu' and picked up some stuff, the same around 3am at another tiny village called 'Bella Bella'.

October 27th, We rrived in Port Hardy, BC around 11am and as usual it was raining. We took shuttle bus to the hostel and then checked out the little town 'Port Hardy'. We even got to see a bear and some eagles. In the evening we and guy from Whitehorse,Yukon went to a local pub and played pool with some locals...

October 28th, kind of a strange feeling to wake up and know that this would be my last day of my trip around North America...I've seen so many things and it will take me a while to get used to 'normal life' again. I had about 7 hours on the bus down to Nanaimo, BC to think about my past several weeks and the things I've experienced along the way. From Nanaimo we took the ferry to Vancouver, BC and the bus droped us off at the Pacific Central station from where I started my trip...
Thanks for beeing interested in my blog and the "adventures" I had, it's always good to know somebody somewhere in this world keeps an eye on me! CHEERS!

More pictures:
Part I http://picasaweb.google.com/manueldanner/USAMexicoCanadaTour2007
Part II http://picasaweb.google.com/manueldanner/USAMexicoCanadaTourII

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YEs u have seen a lot! I envy u :p Life has been blessed. Keep every memories and people you met along your way in your heart. Good memories always remind you of beautiful times. I still remember my last evening with friends in Calgary and my last day in America. I remember how much time i wanted to spend with my friends. It's kinda difficult to adjust to normal life again. I know it well. But it isn't too bad. Work work work...and plan for next trip!

Cheers!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya ho...
yes man, some more cool pics from your trip!
now, have a good trip back and good start in germany!
take care manitou
peace

7:56 PM  
Blogger Eunji said...

hallo Manuel!
thank you for these great pictures.

I am glad that you made all the your trip. I am for sure you growed a lot through all the varies experience and scinary.

let's work on planning the new trip for Asia!

cheers for your daily life in Germany!

oh oh !!! I can see you made lots of postcard pictures by YOU.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home