Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hike through my extended backyard... - 5.-6.9.2008


After 3 weeks of work in a factory I needed a break and get out there and at the same time it helped me to realize how nice Germany is when you look at it from the eyes of a hiker...not that I did this the first time but the first time since I returned from my trips to other countries.

This is called the "Donautal" - " Danube Valley", a small provincial park just 2 hours hiking from where I live.

along the Danube river there are lots of old ruins and small castles on top of the cliffs

I spent the night out there under the stars in a sleeping bag

the view from my "campsite"

Burg (castle) Werenwag

the cross up there comes from a catholic monastery in Beuron which is close by at the bottom of the valley

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is mountainous! You rock!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The view from your campsite is very interesting. So flat except for the carved out section in the middle.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home